Monday, October 27, 2008

It's been a typical busy weekend

With lots of food for thought.

I've been working on developing the skeleton site structure which has been a bit of a learning curve on Dreamweaver. In the meantime I've been thinking about the kinds of content to start with.

This weekend, perhaps because I was set on the path during the week, I was thinking about kitchen wise. I was smiling at all the retro kinds of kitchenware hitting the shops for Christmas and remembering the things we used to laugh about in the 80's from the 60's books that were still stashed away in our mothers piles of cookbooks. But even in the 80's we still had some rites of passage, 21st parties and weddings that were our key "setting up house time". We might have flatted before then but there was usually some event of significance in our early 20's that established our future home.

I was wondering how much that really happens today? I was doing some first steps in Christmas shopping and as I walked through Farmers had a vivid memory of my 21 year old daughter checking out the cookbooks for a new cake recipe. She is planning on going flatting next year and it occurred to me that maybe we could get her a decent cake mixer for Christmas. (Piece of woman wise trivia - check out the power rating when you buy a mixer - if you use it for anything heavy like biscuits, you can strip the gears of the cheaper ones) She was a bit surprised when I suggested to her - it's one of those things she just takes for granted in the kitchen, and hadn't really thought about missing.

Those 60's lists we laughed about in the 80's included the lists of what you needed to set up a kitchen. I'm not sure that is such a bad idea having discovered just how much that takes just recently. I think that could be quite a cool section for our new site - the basics of what you need to set up a kitchen and choosing quality kitchen ware.

No comments: